Sunday, January 4, 2009

good times

I am on my way to Paris for a week, but before I go I will leave you with a few more photos from my life.
Stopped by J to pick her up, but she had to harvest a few greens from her bountiful California winter garden to give me before we left for our walk. They were so tender and sweet, nothing but steam was necessary to savor them. it had broccoli leaves, parsley, chard and kale, a green symphony.


I brought these "to be baked" apples for dessert one night, and I thought the colors a little bit psychedelic.Granny smith apples filled with almonds ,ginger, honey, brown sugar and cream...with a cranberry/apple cider. The cream mixture was supposed to stand for 30 minutes to thicken.I had never done that before, but they turned out very tasty.




Dot had mentioned that she would knit me a scarf for a present. I don't know if you can see very well how clever and stylish her design was: a floppy alpaca rectangular knit with 3 buttons to turn it into a warm neck scarf.Handy for my upcoming trip into the Siberian cold of 25 o in Paris tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment