Thursday, June 25, 2009

hipsters,needy birds,tart crumbs and magic stones

He is a snob, a funny witty man, an artist with a caustic brush, a raconteur of hip arty events or hip arty people. I wouldn't miss a post of his. he knows how to hold your attention, never missing the cynic details and he take you around the world to places where sometimes he is the only one who knows how to crash them. His latest one on the Venice Biennale is a gem.I do not know how long this unknown hipster will remain unknown......
What I remember of our Venice Biennale trip is non memorable conceptual art, hype for the" hipsters", water lapping at the rim of the gondola, making Dot hide her head in my lap, disgusting black ink sauce with pasta, magical stillness and quiet, the trip to the islands, the beauty of it all.
Speaking of beauty, I have had a healthy dose of it lately.Beauty can be found anywhere, you just have to have your heart open.I have made new friends: first the grey birds with orange breasts have been calling me everyday, starting at the break of day and swooping by every few hours and regaling me with their arial dances, and their insistence with their sweet presence. I have been under their tweeting spell, so I feed them on the fence, leaving tiny bits of what I might be eating: levain crumbs, half cherries, parmesan bits, tart shells pieces.




And then I had the most wonderful moment, spent with a friend, tea and talk, share and laugh, uplifting moments where life feels good and happy. After she left and I sat at my desk, I found a present that she had quietly left there. the stone is smooth and fits in my palm perfectly.My thumb rubs over the words that she had put there and I feel their intent. beauty ,yes, in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment