Thursday, June 10, 2010

a sweet afternoon



Mother's day had to be postponed.Finally we had our moment together.First we stopped at Flax where Dot wanted to treat me to new soft brushes, paint knives and mini tabletop easel.Then it was off to Hayes street to check a couple of stores. We stopped at Dish, a white and airy boutique where spiffed up espadrilles and tiny leather dots skirt caught my eye.Plus an incredible watercolor artist, Zeneida Sengo showed her work on the walls. I also loved Birch, an exquisite flower shop with couture tulips and hand made vases ,design magazines and artist books. We stopped at Paulette for tea time sustenance and had French macarons, that I thought were better than in Paris.For one, they were super fresh and the biscuit was tender, the filling intense.Coconut for me, passion fruit for Dot : tropical bliss in a mini treat.
Drove to the Mission to have a look at Paxton Place, The pirates store and dog eared books to browse. I love their selection of graphic novels.We walked to Cha Cha Cha for an early diner , sangria pitcher to share, with secrets and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment